New York City Car Donations
Wouldn’t it be wonderful to help your less fortunate fellow New Yorkers find the means to live productive and meaningful lives through a simple act of charity? You’ll be able to do this when you turn donate a car for charity to us at Goodwill Car Donations through our New York City, New York car donation program.
We will sell your vehicle through auction and hand over the proceeds to the Goodwill organization serving your local area. The money will help this nonprofit organization in providing life-changing services to the men and women in your city who are burdened with physical and mental disabilities, lack of skills, experience or education, welfare dependency, and other barriers to employment.
Goodwill will give them easy access to job and skills training, career opportunities, vocational and educational services, internship programs, and other critical community-building support services.
Thanks to your kind heart, the struggling people in your city will be able to secure good-paying jobs that can provide them and their families with a steady source of income.
As the largest city in the nation, New York City has its fair share of struggles with poverty. Nearly 16% of the city’s population lives below the poverty level, with those suffering from disabilities making up a disproportionally larger segment of that group. Unfortunately, a significant number of those living below the poverty line are young children under the age of 15. Of the city’s five boroughs, the Bronx typically experiences the highest percentages of those in need. This is why participating in our vehicle donation program is the right thing to do.
Perks of Making a New York City, NY Car Donation
Disadvantaged folks in your city wouldn’t be the only ones who’ll benefit from your vehicle donation. You’ll also receive your share of rewards from your good deed. Expect these perks to come your way when you donate your car for charity through us:
- Enjoy a hefty tax write-off.
- Get rid of your unwanted vehicle without spending a dollar.
- Skip the headaches of paperwork.
- You no longer have to go through the exhausting process of selling a heavily used vehicle yourself.
- Stop paying for your car’s costly maintenance, repairs, storage, registration, and insurance coverage.
- You free up more space in your garage.
- Experience a sense of fulfillment knowing that you’re making a big impact on the lives of disadvantaged people in New York City with your car donation.
A Donation Process That’s Quick and Convenient
Making a vehicle donation in New York City will only take a couple of minutes of your time. All you have to do is contact us, let us know that you’re donating, and that’s it!
Here’s a step-by-step guide to give you an overview of how our donation process works:
- You get in touch with us.
There are two ways to reach us: Call us at 866-233-8586 or fill out our online donation form. Give us a few basic details about the vehicle you’re contributing to our New York City, NY car donations program. We will call you back after confirming all the details. We’ll then arrange a date, time, and place for the free pickup of your vehicle at your convenience.
- We haul your vehicle away.
We’ll assign a local professional towing company to collect your car. A towing receipt will then be issued to you in exchange for your donation. Use it to de-register your automobile and cancel its insurance coverage. You don’t have to be present at the pickup site when towing takes place. Just be sure to inform us beforehand that you would like a contactless pickup so we can provide you additional instructions.
- You receive your tax-deductible receipt.
Within 30 days following the auction of your vehicle, we’ll send you by mail or email your 100-percent tax-deductible sales receipt. You’ll need this document to claim your tax deduction in the next tax season.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us anytime at our toll-free hotline 866-233-8586. You can also message us here. You may also check out our FAQs page to learn more about our car donation program.Photo by Andrew Pons under Unsplash License
The Vehicle Types You Can Donate
While other vehicle donation programs only accept running vehicles, you’d be happy to know that we are not like them. At Goodwill Car Donations, we accept almost all types of vehicles, including those that can no longer be driven. Vehicles with damaged parts won’t be a problem for us either.
The types of vehicles we welcome in our New York City, NY car donations program include the following:
- Standard vehicles: sedans, compact cars, sports cars, convertibles, coupes, SUVs
- RVs: toy haulers, motorhomes, pop-up trailers, campers, horse trailers, Skoolies
- Motorcycles: dirt bikes, power cruisers, scooters, mopeds, touring bikes
- Specialty vehicles: motorized wheelchairs, farm equipment, snowmobiles, ATVs, golf carts, riding lawnmowers
- Fleet vehicles: public buses, delivery trucks, vans, minivans, taxis
- Watercraft: pontoon boats, fishing boats, sailboats, jet skis, yachts, cruise ships
- Aircraft: non-commercial planes and helicopters
In case you’re having uncertainties about your vehicle’s eligibility, please leave us a message here. We hardly turn down donations. As long as you have your title or proof of ownership, then there’s certainly nothing to worry about.
Build Hope Today!
Why let your clapped-out car slowly rot away when you can use it to support a worthy cause? Turn it into a life-changing instrument for your neighbors by handing it over to us at Goodwill Car Donations. We serve the entire region, including the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island.
Call 866-233-8586 now or click here to begin your donation process!