Harrison, New Jersey Car Donations: Help us Topple Down the Barriers to Employment and a Life Free from Poverty
In a land of plenty that is America, many people remain mired in poverty mainly due to mental or physical disabilities, lack of education and skills, and other personal adversities. These disadvantages serve as barriers to employment and the pursuit of a life free from the grip of poverty.
This is the reason why we at Goodwill Car Donations are here: We seek to topple down those barriers and empower all disadvantaged Americans to use their full potential to attain financial freedom and achieve their life goals. We do this by selling at auction all vehicles donated to us and using the proceeds to support the critical community-based programs of Goodwill nonprofit organizations that cater to underprivileged individuals wanting to change the course of their lives.
Here in New Jersey, the Goodwill nonprofits serving your state use their resources augmented by the funding they receive from us to deliver vital services to those who need them. These services include:
- Job training and placement
- Onsite and virtual skills training and mentoring
- Youth education and employment
- Career services
- Disability benefits support
- Family strengthening projects
All these offerings are aimed at improving the living conditions of the disadvantaged residents of your state, including those from Harrison. Through our job and skills training programs, our beneficiaries are able to acquire the right set of skills and knowledge. This enables them to qualify for decent jobs that can take care of their needs and those of their families. They regain their self-esteem as they become self-sufficient and productive, thus becoming contributors to the growth and progress of their community and our nation.
Needless to say, your contribution to our Harrison, New Jersey car donations program will go a long way in transforming the lives of these people.
Our Easy and Convenient Donation Process
Donating a car to Goodwill Car Donations is a piece of cake. You can do it in the comforts of your home, taking just a few minutes of your time. We see to it that our donors enjoy utmost convenience and a truly rewarding experience.
All you have to do is to contact us and inform us of your decision to take part in our Harrison, New Jersey car donations program. Once you do that, you can just sit back and relax as we complete the donation process for you.
Here’s a quick guide to our three-step car donation process:
Step 1: Reach out to us.
Call us at our toll-free 24/7 hotline 866-233-8586 or fill out our online donation form, which you can find on the right side of this page. Fill us in on important details about the vehicle you’re donating.
Step 2: We tow your vehicle.
We schedule the towing of your vehicle, taking into full consideration your preferences as to the pickup date, time, and place. We’ll assign a licensed towing company to do the job. Take note that you need not pay for this service since the towing fee is on us. If you request for our express service, we can haul away your car as quickly as a day or two after your initial call to us. Before the tow truck leaves with your car onboard, the driver will give you a towing receipt. This document releases you from any liabilities on your vehicle from that point onward, allowing you to cancel your car’s registration and insurance coverage and properly dispose of your license plates.
Step 3: Receive your tax deduction receipt.
We auction off your vehicle. Within 30 days following the sale of your car, we’ll send you by mail your 100-percent tax-deductible sales receipt. You’ll need this in claiming your tax deduction when you file your itemized federal income tax return for the next tax-filing season.
If you have questions regarding our Harrison, New Jersey car donations program, don’t hesitate to call us at 866-233-8586 or contact us online. You may also want to visit our FAQ’s page to get more information about Goodwill Car Donations.
Your Share of Rewards
At Goodwill Car Donations, we make sure our donors don’t leave empty-handed. For your participation in our Harrison, New Jersey car donations program, it’s but fitting that you get to have your own share of rewards. Here are some of them:
- Receive a maximum tax deduction based on your vehicle’s selling price.
- Get professional towing service at zero cost.
- Avoid hassles, risks, and cost of preselling your car
- Save money since you no longer have to pay for car repairs, maintenance, insurance, and registration.
- Free up space in your garage.
- No paperwork.
The Types of Vehicles You Can Donate
At Goodwill, we accept nearly all types of vehicles regardless of their age and condition. We can accept even a vehicle that’s not in running condition for as long the owner is in possession of its title.
Here is a comprehensive list of the types of vehicles we welcome in our Harrison, New Jersey car donations program:
- Cars: sedans, luxury cars, sports cars, wagons, coupes, convertibles, hybrids, hatchbacks
- Vans: cargo vans, passenger vans, family minivans, camper vans
- Motorcycles: scooters, off-road bikes, touring bikes, cruisers, sports bikes, choppers
- Trucks: box trucks, extended cab pickup, panel trucks, pickup trucks
- Boats: fishing boats, sailboats, speedboats, houseboats, pontoon boats, tugboats, yachts
- SUVs: compact, midsize, full-size or crossover versions
- Specialty vehicles: riding lawnmowers, motorized wheelchairs, non-commercial planes
- Work-related vehicles: construction vehicles, tractors and farm equipment, buses, large trucks, landscaping vehicles
- Fleet vehicles: cars, passenger vans, cargo vans, SUVs, pickups, trucks, buses
- Recreational vehicles: campers, travel trailers, snowmobiles, jet skis, RVs, motorhomes, pop-up trailers, 5-wheelers
It’s Time to Act
America’s disadvantaged people have suffered enough. Let’s not wait for somebody else to take action to ease their plight. If that would be the case, then we’d all be waiting for each other to act. If you have an old car that you no longer use, donate it to us! Call us at 866-233-8586 and take part in our Harrison, New Jersey car donations program.