Be a Community Hero by Joining Clewiston, Florida Car Donations
Has somebody ever told you that you could become an instant community hero if you take part in our Clewiston, Florida car donations program? You may not know this, but a single vehicle donation done through this Goodwill Car Donations program would mean more job opportunities for the disabled and other disadvantaged individuals in your local area. Who would’ve thought that the eyesore that’s been stuck in your garage for the longest time could be used as a powerful tool to turn lives around?
What’s Up with Clewiston, Florida?
Do you know that Clewiston is historically known as “America’s Sweetest Town” and the ‘Gateway to Lake Okeechobee”? This beautiful city is a magnet for visitors who are interested in freshwater fishing and serene palm-filled vistas. According to the United States Census Bureau, Clewiston had approximately 7,720 residents as of July 2017.
Unfortunately, 16.4 percent of its population was living in poverty. In fact, the 2012-2016 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates report released by the same source shows that 52 percent of Clewiston’s residents were unemployed. In terms of educational attainment, 26.4 percent were less than high school graduates.
What We Can Do to Help
Goodwill has been building and strengthening people and communities for more than a hundred years now. A trusted name in the industry, we are in the business of turning donations into decent jobs, homes, and neighborhoods. We do this by setting up fundraisers all over the country, including our Clewiston, Florida car donations program, that directly benefit the people within the targeted area through services such as job training, mentoring, placement, career development, and critical community-building support projects.
If you decide to donate your old and unwanted vehicle to us, you become a part of something that’s greater than yourself. Your valuable contribution for the improvement of your community will leave a lasting impact on the lives of every disadvantaged individual in your neighborhood. Dial 866-233-8586 to learn more about our donation process and your share of benefits! You can also visit our FAQ’s page or send us a message.
List of Vehicles That You Can Donate
What’s awesome about Clewiston, Florida car donations is that you can donate almost any type of vehicle that you want and in any condition that they are in! You can even donate more than a single vehicle at one time!
For your convenience, we’ve come up with a comprehensive list of vehicle types that we commonly accept from our generous donors. Check this out:
- Cars: compact, hybrid, wagon, luxury, sportscars
- SUVs: crossover versions, compact to full size
- Trucks: box, pickup, panel
- Vans: cargo, family minivan, passenger
- Motorcycles: scooter, cruiser, touring, sports bike
- ATVs: three-wheelers and four-wheelers
- Boats: fishing boats, tugboats, pontoon boats, speedboats, yachts
- Air-bound vehicles: noncommercial planes
- Small extra vehicles: riding lawnmowers, motorized wheelchairs, golf carts, jet skis, snowmobiles
- Large extra vehicles: campers, motorhomes, trailers, RVs, buses, campervans, bus conversions
The only vehicles we say “no” to are those that have been abandoned and stolen because they have no title or proof of ownership, which is required in reselling vehicles. However, it’s important to note that a misplaced title is not a deal breaker for your donation because our team of title experts can help you obtain a duplicate title from your state’s DMV as soon as possible!
How to Donate Your Clunker
Participating in Clewiston, Florida car donations is super easy – it’s practically effortless on your part! Here’s how you could become a local community hero:
- Get in touch with us.
Fill out our online donation form or speak to one of our donors’ reception officers by calling our toll-free hotline 866-233-8586 to let us know of your intent to donate your car. We’ll need your personal contact information and your car’s year, make, model, mileage, VIN, running condition, and availability of your vehicle’s title. Don’t worry about privacy issues because we assure confidentiality of the information you shared with us.
- Schedule your FREE pickup.
If you submitted your information via our online donation form, expect a call from one of our vehicle donation specialists to confirm your details. As soon as you let us know your preferred schedule for pickup, we’ll arrange for a licensed towing company to haul your car away on the date of your choice. Remember that with Clewiston, Florida car donations, towing is always free!
- Receive your tax deduction receipt.
Expect to receive your tax-deductible receipt that we’ll send you by mail within days after we sell your car at an auction. You can use this receipt to itemize your deductions on your federal income tax return so that you can claim your tax write-off.
What You Need to Know About Tax Deductions
The IRS tax deduction rules are something that you shouldn’t overlook. Here are some of the most important things that you need to understand:
- In order for you to claim your tax deduction, the donation you made should be in the same tax year for which you will claim it.
- You have to itemize your tax deduction to claim this benefit.
- The amount of your tax deduction depends on the final resale value of your vehicle or its fair market value. Generally, if your vehicle was sold for less than $500, you can claim either its final selling price or its fair market value not exceeding $500. It’s possible for you to claim a higher amount if your car was sold for a lesser amount of what it’s actually worth as per Kelly Blue Book.
- If your vehicle was sold for more than $500, you can claim its total selling price. In this case, you have to complete IRS Form 8283 and attach it to your tax return.
Change Your Neighborhood Today!
If you love Clewiston and the people who live there, taking part in our Clewiston, Florida car donations program definitely makes sense. Dial 866-233-8586 to get started now!