How To Sign Your Pennsylvania Title
The person (or persons)* listed on the front of the title must follow these steps, unless otherwise noted:
- For motor vehicle donations, please include the current odometer reading – normally found on the back of the title, top left-hand corner.
- Sign your name (or names)* on the back of the title where it says “Signature of Seller”.
- Print your name (or names)* on the back of the title where it says “Seller and/or Co-Seller Must Hand Print Name Here”.
To help with your donation, we have showcased the various Pennsylvania vehicle titles below as well as annotated on each title where to print and sign your name. To enlarge an image, simply click on the image. Questions? Give one of our friendly Title Clerks a call at (866) 233-8586.
Note: Actual title designs may vary slightly from the images shown above.
Pennsylvania Titling Information:
- Titles are required on all motor vehicles and trailers, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), snowmobiles, off-road vehicles, mopeds, motorcycles, and recreational vehicles (RVs).
- The Department of Conservation and Natural Resources titles and registers ATVs.
- The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission is responsible for the registration and/or titling of all motorboats (including electric motors).
- Effective March 1, 1998 any boat (watercraft) purchased, transferred, or sold after March 1, 1998 must be titled if the boat (watercraft) is:
- powered by an inboard engine, including personal watercraft and 1997 model year or newer;
- powered by an outboard motor, 14 foot in length or longer, and 1997 model year or newer;
- currently titled in Pennsylvania;
- currently titled in another state when Pennsylvania becomes the state of principal use.
- The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission provides voluntary titling of non-motorized boats.
- An odometer reading is required for all motor vehicles at the time of transfer.
*For Multiple Owners:
If there is more than one owner listed on the title, one or both must sign it depending on how the names appear. See the below chart for details.
Remember, the name used to sign the title must match the name shown on the title exactly. Therefore, always remember to print/sign your name exactly as it is shown on the title.
John Doe OR Jane Doe
If “OR” is present between the names, only one of the owners must sign the title.
John Doe AND/OR Jane Doe
If “AND/OR” is present between the names, both owners must sign the title.
John Doe AND Jane Doe
If “AND” is present between the names, both owners must sign the title.
John Doe Jane Doe
If there is nothing present between the names, both owners must sign the title.
Please take note to adhere to the below instructions so as not to void your title.
- Do not use markers or pencils. Only blue or black pen is allowed.
- Do not cross out or strikethrough any text or writing.
- Do not use white-out or similar substance.
- Do not rip, tear, or tape the title.
- Do not doodle on the title.
Still have questions? Feel free to give us a call at (866) 233-8586.