Goodwill of Greater Washington Car Donation Program
How to Donate a Car to Goodwill
- Fill out the vehicle donation form to the right.
- One of our vehicle donation specialists will call you to confirm.
- We set up towing for your vehicle and towing is free for you.
- We send out a tow truck, on the day designated with you, to pick up your vehicle.
- You receive two receipts for donating your car for tax purposes.
For more information, go to How To Donate A Car for step-by-step instructions on car donation.
Benefits To You When You Donate a Used Car
- You’ll feel great about yourself when you donate a car!
- Donating your vehicle is a super quick and painless process.
- Donating is much easier than trying to negotiate with a dealer for a trade-in value.
- When you donate a vehicle you can steer clear of all the headaches associated with trying to sell a car yourself.
- Donating is easier and cheaper than trying to fix a car needing constant or expensive repairs.
- Free towing when you donate a used car.
- Tax benefits!
What Kind of Vehicles are accepted by Goodwill Industries of Greater Washington?
We accept all kinds of vehicles, including cars, boats, trucks, SUVs, RVs, motorcycles, and even airplanes and jet skis. Whether you have a cruiser, sport bike, fishing boat or pop-up camper, we will gladly use it. Are you ready to donate?
It’s great when people want to donate vehicles that are in top quality or in working order — the nicer the vehicle, the more money we can get from it to use toward our programs. However, the truth is, we can use any vehicle donation. If you have a vehicle that needs a lot of work or is no longer running, that’s still OK. We’ll be happy to accept any vehicle because any vehicle can help us help others. What’s more, since we come to tow your vehicle for you, it’s no problem if it doesn’t run.
We don’t put any restrictions on the types of vehicles we can accept. We welcome anything. To clarify, here’s a look at some of the main categories of vehicles we’ll receive:
Cars and Trucks
Donate any kind of car or truck. We take cars of all kinds, from sedans to wagons to hybrids. We also accept pickups, panel trucks and business trucks, like flatbed trucks, for example.
Vans and SUVs
From your basic minivan to a high-end Jeep, we’ll use all kinds of vans and SUVs. Bring us your passenger van, midsize SUV, cargo van or crossover vehicle.
Boats, RVs, and More
Even beyond basic cars and trucks, we’ll gladly permit any sort of recreational vehicle or other vehicle. Maybe you have a trailer you’re no longer using or a riding lawn mower you don’t want. Consider donating your ATV, motorcycle, scooter or off-road bike.
If you happen to have jet skis, a camper, an RV or some other recreational vehicle you’re ready to part with, let us know. We even take boats or noncommercial airplanes, so if you happen to have one to donate, connect with us.
When you’re ready to donate a car in greater Washington, call us at 1-866-233-8586 or fill out our online donation form. Contact us today!
Feast Your Eyes on These 18 Oddest Things Donated to Goodwill!..Attract Potential Employers with an Impressive Résumé – Here are 7 Simple Tips!
Attract Potential Employers with an Impressive Résumé – Here ar..
5 Facts about Donuts that You Don’t Know Satisfy your sweet tooth..8 Top Paying Skilled Trades
What are the 8 Top Paying Skilled Trades? If you believe that educ..
5 Science-Backed Reasons Why You Should Go Outside and Enjoy Nature ..5 Most Popular Adult Continuing Education Programs
How You Can Improve Yourself Using the 5 Most Popular Adult Continu..