Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont
How to Donate a Car to Goodwill
- Fill out the vehicle donation form to the right.
- One of our vehicle donation specialists will call you to confirm.
- We set up towing for your vehicle and towing is free for you.
- We send out a tow truck, on the day designated with you, to pick up your vehicle.
- You receive two receipts for donating your car for tax purposes.
Benefits To You When You Donate a Used Car
- You’ll feel great about yourself when you donate a used car!
- With us donating your vehicle is a super quick and painless process.
- Donating is much easier than trying to negotiate with a dealer for a trade-in value.
- When you donate a vehicle you can steer clear of all the headaches associated with trying to sell a car yourself.
- Donating is easier and cheaper than trying to fix a car needing constant or expensive repairs.
- Free towing when you donate a used car.
- Tax benefits!
For more information, check out our FAQs where you will find answers to our most commonly asked questions.
Types of Vehicles You Can Donate
Car donations make a lot of sense for people with older cars, vehicles that are not running, or ones that need more money for repairs than they would make from a sale. You can save yourself the hassle of trying to sell or fix your vehicle by donating it instead.
We have no problem taking these types of vehicles at Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont Car Donation Program, no matter the condition.
We always tow donated vehicles, so it’s not a requirement for vehicles to run, and we are able to make a profit toward our program from a car in any condition.
In the same vein, we won’t turn away someone who is offering to donate a running vehicle in top shape. The more we can get for selling your vehicle, the more profits we have to put into your local community programs.
Vehicle Varieties to Donate
At Goodwill Car Donation, we make the process a seamless one without roadblocks getting in the way of your donation, which will support our community programs for disadvantaged people to find work. This means that we are willing to accept nearly any type of vehicle you could choose to donate to us. We take all sorts of cars, from coupes to luxury vehicles, as well as pickup trucks, panel trucks, box trucks and other types of trucks.
If you have an SUV or van, we are happy to take it through our donation program. We accept cargo vans, passenger vans and minivans, as well as compact to full-size SUVs. Have a wagon, bus or campervan? We’ll take it! We’ll also happily accept motorcycles, whether you own a touring bike, a chopper, a cruiser or another model.
You can even donate out-of-the-ordinary vehicles. This includes motorhomes, jet skis, campers, ATVs and riding lawn mowers. Have a sailboat, a schooner or another type of boat? Or maybe you even own a small private plane. Surprisingly, you can call us about collecting these vehicles just as easily as your car or truck.
Interested in Making a Vehicle Donation?
Whether your vehicle is working or not, whether it falls under any vehicle category, you can donate it to Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont Car Donation Program to go toward our community programs.
You’ll get the benefits of a tax deduction, an easy way to get rid of your car, and the assurance that your donation will help those in your community.
As soon as you’re sure you want to donate, get the process started by calling 866-233-8586 or contacting us through our website form.
Easily set up your pickup date and time, and we’ll come right out to collect your vehicle.
International Day for Tolerance: Respect and Appreciate Diversity..Use Less Stuff Day
10 Simple Ways to Celebrate November 15—Use Less Stuff Day Use ..
Philanthropy Day: 11 Ways To Express Your Love for Humanity The ..America Recycles Day
Commit to Recycle More Materials on November 15—America Recycles ..