How To Sign Your Georgia Title
The person (or persons)* listed on the front of the title must follow these steps, unless otherwise noted:
- Print your name (or names)* on the back of the title where it says “Seller’s Printed Name”.
- Sign your name (or names)* on the back of the title where it says “Seller’s Signature”.
To help with your donation, we have showcased the various Georgia vehicle titles below as well as annotated on each title where to print and sign your name. To enlarge an image, simply click on the image. Questions? Give one of our friendly Title Clerks a call at (866) 233-8586.
Note: Actual title designs may vary slightly from the images shown above.
Georgia Titling Information:
- All motor vehicles and trailers moved or operated upon the highways are required to be titled – this includes motorcycles, mopeds, limousines, for-hire sedans, buses, recreational vehicles (RVs), motorhomes, and campers.
- Titling All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs), Off-Highway Vehicles (OTVs), and snowmobiles was effective July 1, 2014.
- OHVs used exclusively for agricultural purposes on private land are exempt from titling.
- Titles are not issued for road graders, farm tractors, boats, and low power scooters.
- Trail bikes, OHVs, ATVs, and snowmobiles must be registered through Georgia State Parks with the Georgia Parks and Wildlife.
- Watercraft, such as sailboats and motorboats, are not issued titles, however they must be registered through Georgia State Parks with the Georgia Parks and Wildlife.
*For Multiple Owners:
If there is more than one owner listed on the title, one or both must sign it depending on how the names appear. See the below chart for details.
Remember, the name used to sign the title must match the name shown on the title exactly. Therefore, always remember to print/sign your name exactly as it is shown on the title.
John Doe OR Jane Doe
If “OR” is present between the names, only one of the owners must sign the title.
John Doe AND/OR Jane Doe
If “AND/OR” is present between the names, both owners must sign the title.
John Doe AND Jane Doe
If “AND” is present between the names, both owners must sign the title.
John Doe Jane Doe
If there is nothing present between the names, both owners must sign the title.
Please take note to adhere to the below instructions so as not to void your title.
- Do not use markers or pencils. Only blue or black pen is allowed.
- Do not cross out or strikethrough any text or writing.
- Do not use white-out or similar substance.
- Do not rip, tear, or tape the title.
- Do not doodle on the title.
Still have questions? Feel free to give us a call at (866) 233-8586.