CAR DONATION BETHESDA, MARYLAND
Donate a Car to Charity in Bethesda, Maryland
Have a vehicle you no longer need? Interested in avoiding the hassles of trying to sell? Consider participating in car donation in Bethesda, Maryland — an easy, convenient way to get rid of a vehicle while also making a difference.
Goodwill Car Donations accepts vehicles of all kinds and uses them to generate funding that supports community programs. These programs provide job training to disadvantaged citizens who need a little help moving forward. We serve the entire Washington, D.C. metro, including nearby communities like Silver Spring and Potomac.
If this sounds like something you may be interested in, here’s what you need to know about vehicle donations in the area.
How to Donate Your Car in Bethesda, MD
Adjacent to Washington, D.C., Bethesda is one of the most highly educated and affluent areas in America. It’s home to abundant shopping, dining, art and culture. Nonetheless, the community still has more than 6% of its residents living in poverty. Making a car donation is a way to help those hurting individuals. One of the best parts of making a vehicle donation to our program is how simple it is. We handle everything — from picking up your vehicle to mailing you a tax receipt. Here’s how the process works:
- You reach out. Either by phone or online donation form, contact us to let us know you’re ready to donate a vehicle to charity. We’ll ask for a few pieces of information, such as your car’s make and model, and we’ll set up a time to pick it up.
- We tow away your vehicle. At the scheduled time, we’ll come to you and haul away your vehicle for free. You don’t even need to be around when we come. We’ll then auction your vehicle for sale and use its proceeds to support local programs.
- We mail you a receipt. A few days later, we’ll mail you a tax receipt for your records. At this point, you’re free to cancel insurance and registration.
From beginning to end, car donation is an easy, hassle-free process with our vehicle donation program.
Vehicles We Accept for Donation
Goodwill Car Donations accepts many kinds of vehicles for donation, from broken-down trucks to mint-condition boats. Here’s a list of examples of vehicles we accept:
- Vans and minivans
- Jet Skis
- Riding lawn mowers
If you’re ever unsure about if we could accept a specific vehicle, just ask us! Chances are, we’ll be glad to take it off your hands.
Who Your Donation Helps
The proceeds of your car donation go directly toward helping people who are hurting here in Bethesda. Disadvantaged citizens who are struggling to find work or lacking specific job skills find training and resources that help them move forward. As these individuals grow more independent and become productive in the community, everyone in Bethesda benefits.
Benefits From Vehicle Donation
There are a lot of benefits you can expect from making a car donation, such as:
- An easy donation process
- Free pickup and towing
- Freedom from needing to insure or maintain your vehicle
- Freedom from trying to sell your vehicle
- Potential tax benefits
- Joy of knowing you’re making a difference
Are you ready to make a car donation in Bethesda, MD? Contact us today to get started!