Movember: Grow Your Mustache for a Good Cause
Movember, also known as “no shave November,” is when certain men stop shaving their facial hair and grow a mustache every November for a good cause.
Movember is a month-long campaign to raise money to help “grow” public awareness about health issues exclusively affecting men such as prostate and testicular cancers. The public awareness campaign also includes mental issues affecting men such as depression and suicide.
Did you know that suicide and cancer are among the leading causes of death among men? There are three times more men to die due to suicide than women. Men go to the doctor less often and they seldom take off time at work. They also tend to do things that put their health at risk such as smoking, drinking alcohol, etc.
Men do not talk much about themselves, and more so about their health. That is why there is a pressing need to break the silence and erase the stigma that surrounds men’s health. That is why the Movember movement was created.
To participate in Movember, you simply grow a mustache all throughout the month of November. You can also donate funds to nonprofit organizations as well as talk and share information about men’s health.
10 Interesting Facts about Mustaches
To start off our celebration of Movember, here are 10 interesting facts about mustaches:
- There are between 10,000 and 20,000 hairs on a man’s face while there are 600 hairs on the average mustache.
- For over 50 years, Albert Einstein was not seen without his mustache.
- Mustaches can absorb 20 percent of their own weight in liquid. This makes it very handy with spillages.
- The average man spends six months of his life grooming and shaving his mustache.
- It is illegal for men with mustaches In Eureka, Nevada to kiss women.
- As per Guinness World Records, Ram Singh Chauhan currently has the record for sporting the longest mustache. It’s 14 feet long!
- Alexander the Great ordered all of his soldiers to shave their mustaches before the battle of Arbela.
- In a deck of cards, the King of Hearts is the only one without a mustache.
- Men with mustaches are often more respected than clean-shaven ones.
- There are over 70 styles available for a mustache.
Donate Your Vehicle for a Good Cause
This Movember, you can support another good cause by donating old vehicles you no longer use for the benefit of the disadvantaged people in your community. These are the men and women who live among you who are struggling because of their disabilities, lack of education, past criminal records, welfare dependency, and other factors that prevent them from getting decent employment to support themselves and their families.
You can help ease their plight by donating your old car or truck or any other type of vehicle to us at Goodwill Car Donations. We sell all vehicles donated to us and use the proceeds to support the programs of Goodwill nonprofit organizations serving your area that cater to all disadvantaged individuals. Through these programs, deserving residents of your community can avail themselves of Goodwill job training and placement services, mentoring, career development, youth employment, disability benefits support, and other community-building support.
If you want to know more about our vehicle donation programs, donation process, and the top tax deduction and other rewards that our donors get, feel free to call our toll-free 24/7 hotline 866-233-8586 or check out our FAQ’s page. You can also contact us online for your inquiries.
Let’s take advantage of the movement that Movember has created. Grow your mustache and donate your old vehicle to Goodwill Car Donations! Together, let’s make a difference in the lives of our disadvantaged fellow Americans!