South Carolina Titles
How To Sign Your South Carolina Title
The person (or persons)* listed on the front of the title must follow these steps, unless otherwise noted:
- Print your name (or names)* on the back of the title where it says “Seller’s Printed Name”.
- Sign your name (or names)* on the back of the title where it says “Seller’s Signature”.
To help with your donation, we have showcased the various South Carolina vehicle titles below as well as annotated on each title where to print and sign your name. To enlarge an image, simply click on the image. Questions? Give one of our friendly Title Clerks a call at (866) 233-8586.
Note: Actual title designs may vary slightly from the images shown above.
South Carolina Titling Information:
- All motor vehicles, motorcycles, mopeds, boats, outboard motors 5hp or greater, limousines, and for-hire sedans must be titled.
- Non-titled vehicles include implements of husbandry, certain special mobile equipment only occasionally moved on the road, snowmobiles, and pole trailers.
- South Carolina does not require titles on boat trailers unless they weigh 2,500 lbs. empty.
- Recreational vehicles (RVs), motorhomes, and campers are required to be titled.
- All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs) can be titled with a brand for off-road use only.
*For Multiple Owners:
If there is more than one owner listed on the title, one or both must sign it depending on how the names appear. See the below chart for details.
Remember, the name used to sign the title must match the name shown on the title exactly. Therefore, always remember to print/sign your name exactly as it is shown on the title.
John Doe OR Jane Doe
If “OR” is present between the names, only one of the owners must sign the title.
John Doe AND/OR Jane Doe
If “AND/OR” is present between the names, both owners must sign the title.
John Doe AND Jane Doe
If “AND” is present between the names, both owners must sign the title.
John Doe Jane Doe
If there is nothing present between the names, both owners must sign the title.
Please take note to adhere to the below instructions so as not to void your title.
- Do not use markers or pencils. Only blue or black pen is allowed.
- Do not cross out or strikethrough any text or writing.
- Do not use white-out or similar substance.
- Do not rip, tear, or tape the title.
- Do not doodle on the title.
Still have questions? Feel free to give us a call at (866) 233-8586.