Horizon Goodwill Industries
We believe in removing barriers and creating opportunities to strengthen individuals and to transform lives. We envision people who experience barriers to employment being able to choose rewarding employment, achieving financial security, and building careers and lives for themselves and their families, thus enriching our communities.
Our Mission is “Removing Barriers. Creating Opportunities”.
Our Vision is “Helping people realize and achieve their full potential through the dignity and power of work”.
Our Core Values
- Have PASSION for your purpose. We acknowledge that all we do has an impact on others. We look forward each day to the amazing outcomes we create.
- Make CHARACTER your cause. We are honest with ourselves and each other. We act responsibly and follow through on our commitments. We strive for the highest quality of service and seek continuous improvement.
- Make time for CELEBRATION. We take the time to honor and celebrate our success and those of our partners. We acknowledge that all accomplishments are meaningful.
- Seek opportunities for SERVICE. We are a mission based, people focus organization. Our purpose is to assist others in sharing the fullness of life. We are constantly pursuing ways to serve others in their quest for self-actualization.
- Have COMPASSION for others. We demonstrate sincere and genuine concern for others. We act with kindness and treat others with dignity. We are empathetic to the needs and feelings of others.
We offer a wide variety of services to our local communities, ranging from business solutions, job training, and Human Resources assistance to specific areas of Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Virginia.
Maryland: Washington, Allegany, and Garrett Counties
Pennsylvania: Fulton County and part of Franklin County
Virginia: City of Winchester, Frederick, Clarke, Warren Shenandoah, and Page Counties
West Virginia: Grant, Hardy, Mineral, Hampshire, Morgan, Berkeley, and Jefferson Counties
How to Donate a Car to Goodwill
- Fill out the vehicle donation form to the right.
- One of our vehicle donation specialists will call you to confirm.
- We set up towing for your vehicle and towing is free for you.
- We send out a tow truck, on the day designated with you, to pick up your vehicle.
- You receive two receipts for donating your car for tax purposes.
Benefits To You When You Donate a Used Car
- You’ll feel great about yourself when you donate a car!
- Donating your vehicle is a super quick and painless process.
- Donating is much easier than trying to negotiate with a dealer for a trade-in value.
- When you donate a vehicle you can steer clear of all the headaches associated with trying to sell a car yourself.
- Donating is easier and cheaper than trying to fix a car needing constant or expensive repairs.
- Free towing when you donate a used car.
- Tax benefits!
What Kind of Vehicles are accepted by Horizon Goodwill Industries?
We accept all kinds of vehicles, including cars, boats, trucks, SUVs, RVs, motorcycles, and even airplanes and jet skis. Whether you have a cruiser, sport bike, fishing boat or pop-up camper, we will gladly use it. Are you ready to donate?
It’s great when people want to donate vehicles that are in top quality or in working order — the nicer the vehicle, the more money we can get from it to use toward our programs. However, the truth is, we can use any vehicle donation. If you have a vehicle that needs a lot of work or is no longer running, that’s still OK. We’ll be happy to accept any vehicle because any vehicle can help us help others. What’s more, since we come to tow your vehicle for you, it’s no problem if it doesn’t run.
We don’t put any restrictions on the types of vehicles we can accept. We welcome anything. To clarify, here’s a look at some of the main categories of vehicles we’ll receive:
Cars and Trucks
Donate any kind of car or truck. We take cars of all kinds, from sedans to wagons to hybrids. We also accept pickups, panel trucks and business trucks, like flatbed trucks, for example.
Vans and SUVs
From your basic minivan to a high-end Jeep, we’ll use all kinds of vans and SUVs. Bring us your passenger van, midsize SUV, cargo van or crossover vehicle.
Boats, RVs, and More
Even beyond basic cars and trucks, we’ll gladly permit any sort of recreational vehicle or other vehicle. Maybe you have a trailer you’re no longer using or a riding lawn mower you don’t want. Consider donating your ATV, motorcycle, scooter or off-road bike.
If you happen to have jet skis, a camper, an RV or some other recreational vehicle you’re ready to part with, let us know. We even take boats or noncommercial airplanes, so if you happen to have one to donate, connect with us.
When you’re ready to donate a car in any of the above Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, or West Virginia areas, call us at 1-866-233-8586 or fill out our online donation form. Contact us today!
Donating a vehicle is a wonderful opportunity: You get rid o..Donating A Car Without A Title
Donating a car to charity is a good way for you to get rid of an u..
You’ve tried everything, but it’s time to face the facts — n..Making A Vehicle Donation This Holiday Season
There’s nothing quite like the holidays to inspire the spirit of..
Interested in donating a car? Wondering how to donate a car for tax be..Uncommon Vehicle Donations: The Many Types of Vehicles That Are Donated Each Year
If you’re like most people, when you think about vehicle donation, y..