Using Your Clunker, You Can Uplift Lives of Your City’s Needy Folks
Grand Rapids is the second-largest city in Michigan and arguably one of the country’s top tourist spots. The scenic Grand River and Lake Michigan’s Gold Coast make the city a great place to visit for those who love fishing and water sports. Who wouldn’t want to take a dip in those deep-blue waters?
In its latest report, the United States Census Bureau estimates that the city had a population of 201,013 as of 2019. Sadly, 20.4% of the city’s locals were listed as persons in poverty. They include the men and women who are burdened with disabilities, lack of education or essential skills, and other disadvantages (such as having prison records). These hindrances prevent them from harnessing their full potential and securing decent and stable sources of income, which serve as their key to escaping a life of poverty.
This is the reason why we at Goodwill Car Donations are here. Through our Grand Rapids, MI car donations program, we seek to uplift the lives of these folks.
Here’s How We Will Use Your Donation
Do you think your old run-down vehicle has lost its value? Guess again! When you turn it over to us at Goodwill Car Donations, we’ll give your jalopy wreck a new purpose — that of transforming the lives of your city’s disadvantaged residents. Your donation will become a vehicle of hope for them.
We will sell your donated vehicle through an auction and turn over the proceeds to the Goodwill organizations serving your city. The money will help these IRS-approved 501(c)(3) nonprofits in serving more deserving Michiganders, providing them with job and skills training, career opportunities, vocational and educational services, internship programs, financial support, disability benefits, and other critical community-building support services.
The Rewards You’ll Get for Your Gift
Valuable rewards are on the other side of making a vehicle donation. By handing over your unwanted car to our Grand Rapids, MI car donations program, you stand to gain just as much as the needy people in your city. Here are some of the rewards that await you:
- You’ll receive the maximum tax deduction for your donation.
- You’ll get our free professional towing service at your convenience.
- We’ll handle the paperwork for you.
- You get to skip the hassles associated with selling an old vehicle.
- You’ll finally be free from exorbitant repair, maintenance, insurance, and registration expenses.
- Nothing could surpass the joy you’d feel knowing that you had something to do with the improvement in the living conditions of the less fortunate people in your city.
Making a Grand Rapids, MI Car Donation Is a Walk in the Park
We have a donation process that’s quick and convenient. You’ll breeze through the process in three easy steps. There’s no need for you to process anything in person or even step one foot outside your home when you decide to participate in our Grand Rapids, MI car donations program. All you have to do to become a Goodwill vehicle donor is contact us!
Here’s a brief three-step guide to our donation process:
- Get in touch with us.
Our toll-free line at 866-233-8586 is available 24/7. Give us a ring and one of our donation experts standing by will assist you in processing your donation. We also have a donation form here that you can use to submit your donation details. Expect a call from our team as soon as you’ve completed and submitted the form.
- Get free vehicle towing.
Goodwill Car Donations will provide you a professional towing service absolutely for free. All we’ll need from you are the details on where, when, and what time you want us to collect your vehicle.
We will issue you a towing receipt before taking away your car. You will need this receipt to cancel the insurance coverage of your vehicle and to have it de-registered at your local DMV.
- Receive your tax-deductible receipt.
Within 30 days of your auto’s sale, we’ll send you by mail your 100% tax-deductible sales receipt. You can use this receipt to claim your top tax deduction when you file your itemized federal income tax return in the next tax season.
What Types of Vehicles Can You Donate?
Almost all vehicle types can be donated to our car donations program in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The vehicle’s condition doesn’t matter either. Whether your vehicle is still looking as shiny as it did when you took it from the dealer or its paint is all scratched up, we’ll welcome it with open arms. You can even donate a vehicle that isn’t running anymore or has engine problems.
The only vehicles we can’t take in are those that have either been stolen or abandoned. We require all our prospective donors to present their vehicle’s title before they can move forward with their donation. In case you’ve lost your car title, call us at 866-233-8586 so we can help you get a duplicate copy of your title right away.
To know more about the vehicles that we accept, check out this comprehensive list:
- Cars: sedans, luxury cars, coupes, convertibles, hybrids, sports cars, wagons, hatchbacks
- Vans: family minivans, camper vans, cargo vans, passenger vans
- SUVs: compact, midsize, full-size, or crossover versions
- Motorcycles: touring bikes, cruisers, scooters, off-road bikes, mopeds, sports bikes, choppers
- Trucks: box trucks, pickup trucks extended cab pickup, panel trucks, refrigerator trucks, tank trucks
- Boats: fishing boats, sailboats, tugboats, speedboats, houseboats, cruise ships, catamarans, pontoon boats, yachts
- Specialized vehicles: riding lawnmowers, motorized wheelchairs
- Fleet vehicles: SUVs, pickups, trucks, buses, cars, passenger vans, cargo vans, limousines, ambulances, taxicabs
- Recreational vehicles: noncommercial planes; campers, travel trailers, snowmobiles, Jet Skis, RVs, motorhomes, pop-up trailers, ATVs
- Work-related vehicles: construction vehicles, tractors and farm equipment, buses, large trucks, landscaping vehicles
Transform Lives Today!
Impact the lives of the disadvantaged people in your city by extending them your helping hand. Team up with us at Goodwill Car Donations by taking part in our Grand Rapids, MI car donations program. Call us at 866-233-8586 or fill out our online donation form now!