Discover Goodwill of Southern and Western Colorado
Thanks to your donations, last year Discover Goodwill:
- Helped 7,403 job seekers secure employment with community employers.
- Provided support services to 65,461 individuals.
- Facilitated job training and career services for 32,769 individuals.
HOW TO DONATE A CAR TO GOODWILL
- Fill out the vehicle donation form to the right.
- One of our vehicle donation specialists will call you to confirm your information.
- We schedule towing of your vehicle at a time and day that is convenient for you. Towing is always free.
- We send out a tow truck, on the day designated with you, to pick up your vehicle.
- You receive a receipt for donating your car for tax purposes.
For more information, visit our FAQs page for step-by-step instructions on car donations.
BENEFITS TO YOU WHEN YOU DONATE A USED CAR
- Help change lives in your community!
- You’ll feel great about yourself when you donate a car!
- Donating your vehicle is a super quick process.
- Donating is much easier than trying to negotiate with a dealer for a trade-in value.
- When you donate a vehicle you can steer clear of all the headaches associated with trying to sell a car yourself.
- Donating is easier and cheaper than trying to fix a car needing constant or expensive repairs.
- Free towing when you donate a used car.
- A top tax deduction!
If you have any questions regarding the car donation process,
give us a call toll free at 1-800-433-3828.
TYPES OF VEHICLE DONATIONS ACCEPTED BY GOODWILL
Does your car run? If yes, great! That’s always a plus. The better the condition of a vehicle, the more valuable it is for the charity. No — hasn’t run in years, you say? Not to worry — Goodwill accepts cars even if they are not in running condition. Have transmission problems, engine problems or even flat tires? Goodwill accepts cars in all conditions. Got an SUV, van or truck? Those are definitely appreciated as well.
Additionally, Goodwill also takes motorcycle donations. You may donate a motorcycle with or without a trailer, although it would be helpful to include it with the motorcycle. Furthermore, if you have a trailer at home you no longer need, they are wonderful to donate by themselves as well.
What if you don’t have a car, truck, SUV, van or motorcycle to donate? Goodwill takes a lot of other types of vehicles than what you might just normally think of. For example, Goodwill encourages RV and motor home donations. From campervans to pop-up campers to teardrop trailers to bus conversions, RVs are a welcome donation addition to the charity.
Sports vehicles are another type of vehicle that many do not know Goodwill allows. Got old winter sport or summer sport recreational vehicles around that aren’t used anymore? You know that old Jet Ski that needs a bit of work or that snowmobile you bought a couple years back but haven’t touched more than a handful of times? Goodwill can take those and everything in between.
You may be thinking that surely this is the extent of what Goodwill accepts as donations. Nope. There are two more types of vehicles donations that Goodwill can and does accept on a regular basis. The first type is boats. Boats can be in working order or in need of repair. They can be anything from small fishing boats to large yachts. The second of the two types is airplanes. Yes, you read that correct – airplanes. Goodwill accepts private non-commercial crafts. While you might not associate Goodwill vehicle donations with airplanes, they certainly do accept them and acquire them every so often.
So now you know what vehicle donations Goodwill accepts and the condition in which the vehicles must be. From trucks to RVs to jet skis to airplanes, in running or non-running condition, Goodwill accepts almost every vehicle you can think of in almost all conditions.
Don’t see your vehicle listed among the above examples? Unsure if Goodwill will accept it? Give us a call toll free at 1-800-433-3828.
Thinking about giving away your old car or truck? Confused about the p..
Benefits of Donating a Car to Charity Whether it’s because you’ve..
There are many nonprofits across the nation that accept donated goods...
If you’ve bought a new car, you’re probably deciding what to do wi..