On International Youth Day, August 12,Â Inspire the Youth with a Goodwill Car Donation
Everyone is capable of making a difference in the world. It doesnâ€™t take an influential or an authoritative figure to take action for change to occur. Individuals as young as 15 can already create positive changes in society with just a simple gesture.
Whether itâ€™s by actively participating in community events, expressing their personal opinions on social media or simply talking to their friends about major issues involving the youth, these young people sure can play a role in building a better community and society. This is why the United Nations made a special day to honor them, the International Youth Day.
Every 12th of August, we take time to acknowledge and recognize the youth, particularly the major part they play in shaping society. Many teens and adolescents may still be unaware of their power to influence the people around them, which is why this annual event was created.
International Youth Day gives young individuals the opportunity to lend their voices to the public. They are encouraged to speak openly about issues such as education, employment, poverty, politics, or any youth-related concerns. More importantly, this day motivates the youth to work with each other to achieve a harmonious environment.
People from all parts of the world celebrate the holiday through various activities, although youth conferences would often be the highlight of such activities. Parades, sporting events, concerts, and exhibitions also make the event more enjoyable. As fun as these activities may sound, they all share the same goal of inspiring the boys and girls whoâ€™ll be taking over the world in the near future.
Get Involved on International Youth Day
You can mark this special event in various ways. Whether youâ€™re planning to educate your teens, organize a fundraising event for unfortunate youth, or volunteer in a youth program, what really matters is that you show your willingness to support the future caretakers of our country.
If youâ€™re still trying to figure out how you can observe International Youth Day, here are some tips that may help:
- Spread the message through social media. It can be as simple as posting a status on Facebook or tweeting the event with the trending hashtag. Itâ€™s even better if you have your own websites or newsletters.
- Organize a seminar or an open forum. Invite everyone in your community to discuss the current issues facing the youth, or what they can do to help resolve issues. You can also invite a politician or a government official to be the speaker.
- Coordinate with a local radio or talk show. If you happen to know someone working for the media, ask them a favor by requesting a slot to discuss youth empowerment. Once they accept, make sure that youâ€™re bringing a prominent official to talk on the subject matter.
- Reach out to your Minister of Youth. Let him know through a letter the concerns you have on todayâ€™s youth. If possible, include as many suggestions as you can think of how to remedy the problems faced by todayâ€™s young people.
- Organize a small concert. Entertainment is a great way to raise awareness. Invite local bands or musicians to be the voice of influence.
- Get creative. Art is a great way to express oneâ€™s self. Hold a songwriting contest that speaks about youth empowerment, or get the young ones to draw a representation of the struggles our society is currently dealing with.
Empower the Youth with a Car Donation
You can serve as an inspiration to the youth in your community by helping your less fortunate neighbors and fellow community members with a simple car donation. Let these youngsters see how a little generous deed can play a significant role in transforming the lives of thousands. Who knows, they could be future philanthropists themselves, and itâ€™s all thanks to you!
Goodwill Car Donations exists to make a difference in the lives of countless Americans who are facing issues such as poverty and unemployment. Once you donate your vehicle to us, we sell it at auction and use the proceeds to fund the critical programs being run by Goodwill nonprofit organizations all over the country. Goodwill provides its beneficiaries with free job training and placement services, mentoring, career development, youth employment, disability benefits support, and other community-building services.
These programs and services equip persons with disabilities, idle out-of-school youth, and other disadvantaged individuals with the right skills and education that would enable them to qualify for decent jobs that pay good wages. Thanks to your vehicle donation, these once idle and impoverished individuals will eventually become self-reliant and productive members of your community.
So if you got an old and unwanted car or any other type of vehicle, how about getting rid of it by donating it for a worthy cause? With our convenient donation process, huge tax incentives, and free towing services, what more could you ask for? Most of all, you get to be a hero in your community and inspire the young ones in your area!
To mark International Youth Day, donate a vehicle to us by filling out our online donation form or calling us at 866-233-8586!
Best Websites to Find Internship Looking for an internship program ..What to Expect When Going Back to School As An Adult
What to Expect When Going Back to School as an Adult One can find..
Best Jobs without a College Degree Did you know that there are many..Reasons to Consider Returning to College As An Adult
7 Reasons to Consider Returning to College as an Adult Nowadays, ..
What Careers Usually Offer Apprenticeships? As the tuition costs of..Need Job Interview Clothes? Time To Visit Goodwill
Need to Wear Something for a Job Interview? Itâ€™s Time to Visit Goo..