Car Donation Georgia
Car Donation GA Programs
Some charities offer same day pickup.
You may qualify for
a nice tax deduction.
Georgia car donation programs make it a simple task to donate your vehicle to a good charity in the “Peach State.”
Your Georgia car donation can likely be done quicker and easier than you may
have thought possible. Follow these simple steps to be on your way:
Note: Items 1 & 2 below are for your own protection. So make sure you qualify the charity before donating your car or truck. Many bogus car donation ‘charities’ are in operation in every state. They may seem legitimate until you look deeper. It’s always “better to be safe than sorry.”
1. Make sure the Georgia car donation charity is operating legally. It must be registered with the Georgia Secretary of State (link is below).
2. Make sure the Georgia charity is registered with the IRS. It should be listed on IRS Publication 78 (Link is below) for you to be able to get your car donation tax deduction.
3. Have the vehicle title in your possession. Replacement titles can be gotten at the Georgia Department of Driver Services (link below). There you will sign the vehicle’s title to the charity. (Some charities may offer to do this for you, but it is a good idea to do it yourself – to guarantee your release of liability from the vehicle.)
4. Arrange for the charity to come get the vehicle. You shouldn’t have to pay for the towing in Georgia – the charity should cover the towing. (If they say they won’t, find another charity!) Remove the license plates from the vehicle before it is towed away.
5. Save your receipts for when you file your taxes. You must itemize your taxes to get a tax deduction.
Important links for your Georgia car donation:
Georgia Secretary of State – check to see if the charity is registered. If it isn’t, there’s a possibility it’s fraudulent.
IRS Publication 78 – List of charities that are eligible for you to apply for a tax deduction.
Georgia Department of Driver Services – Here’s where you will sign your title over to your selected charity.
So go ahead and make a Georgia car donation here in “The Peach State.” You may be helping a needy family while (maybe) getting a decent tax deduction.